Wednesday, July 20, 2011

After the City.

So I had a little thing on Sunday where I walked 20 miles until I got into the middle of Philadelphia. I posted the story on 20sb, so I don't think I'm going to repeat the whole thing. I would say the highlight of the trip would be when it was probably around 3 in the morning and I was lying on the sidewalk in the middle of the city because I felt like vomiting from exhaustion and probably dehydration from the intense sunburn I got that day.

Perspective is a good thing, I learned. I was always sort of scared of people, just in general, but lying on the sidewalk then with people glancing at me out of the corner of their eye in obvious fear, I understood. We are scared of nothing.

We are scared of the probably less than 1% chance that someone is going to try and hurt us, and we take it out on the rest of the 99% of people.

Our fear is probably something that puts us in more danger. There is no point to it.

Even if you do get robbed, if you are calm about it, it's probably going to go down a lot better. It's okay to love people even if they hurt you.

I'm not afraid of anything anymore. What is there to be afraid of? Love? Happiness? Trust? Misery? True human connection? Torment?

Okay, I am afraid of torment, but I am not afraid of people. We are all so scared of life. It's sort of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment